Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Focusing Principle


Today, I learned a little something about FOCUS. I have struggled for some time now about why it seems I have so much difficulty concentrating. Today I realize that it is not that I can not focus, it is that I am attacking my life in a goal-oriented masculine way rather than participating in a process-oriented feminine way.

I had this realization that I spend a lot of time "leaning forward", trying to achieve an imaginary standard of enlightenment or perfection. Today I realized something that created a shift in my perspective. The Ultimate end for this life I am participating in, is DEATH. Whatever I believe about consciousness and Spirit aside, this skin that I am sporting is on the slow decline. Why am I leaning forward? Why not relish the process of discovery and wonder that being in the present provides. What's the rush?

So, when it comes to focus, I have noticed that if I allow myself to sink in to whatever experience it is that I want to work on and just be conscious there, I am much more able to be successful than when I drive myself forward and pressure myself to finish. I get done more quickly and I get more out of what I have done. The anxiety lessens and I can actually integrate whatever it is I am working on into my consciousness. I am going to try and release the feeling that I have that life is an exam that I am continually cramming for and just BE HERE NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment