Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Does it have to be dramatic?

My life is a great experiment at this point. I am completely changing because I want to, not because I have to. I am not experiencing any life-threatening illnesses (with the exception of life on Earth itself), I have not recently experienced a bump on the head, I was not terminated at work, I have not experienced recent trauma. I simply have made a decision- set an intention.

I can no longer fight with my own sense of integrity. I do not want to miss out on living my best, most fulfilled life. It is "put your money where your mouth is" time for me. If I am not willing to follow my heart, how can I possibly advise or believe that anyone else could or should? If the faith that I have is not guiding me on the path which is right for me, I want to know now. It is a lot of work having faith, and if mine is misplaced, why not find out now?

So, what I am going to find out is whether or not transfiguration has to be painful or dramatic. Does the caterpillar feel anything while in the chrysalis? The result is dramatic, in our perception anyway. But is the suffering really necessary? Can we just choose the life we want? And if we are not living it already, what do we really have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment